- Not recommended if using Hormonal contraceptives such as the oral contraceptive pill (OCP), implant devices (Implanon or Nuva Ring), or contraceptive injections (Depo Vera) as it may decrease the contraceptive action – can be used safely with an intra-uterine-device (IUD) both the progesterone or Copper IUD.
- Not recommended for use in pregnancy, especially after 12 weeks – can be used at a ½ dose in the first trimester if previously taking Fem21 prior to getting pregnant.
- Not recommended whilst exclusively breastfeeding, generally safe after baby is 6 months.
- Discuss use with your doctor or health care practitioner if you have any concerns or are on other medication
Instructions on how to take Fem21:
You can start with mixing 1 scoop of Fem21 in water, juice or into a smoothie. The amount of liquid you use to mix it with doesn't really matter, an average glass of 100-250ml is adequate. For some women they may find the high fibre content a bit to adjust to (i.e. feeling gassy or bloated), in this case please reduce to a 1/2 scoop for 7 days then increase a full scoop after this.
- Under 15 years old or if weight is below 50kg 1⁄2 scoop per day is generally advised for younger teens
- 50-90kg weight range 1 scoop per day is generally advised
- 90kg and above 2 scoops per day, 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon for women if their weight is above 90kg
- A higher dose of 2 scoops per day, is also recommended from ovulation until the start of a period if working on oestrogen dominance
- A cycled dose of 1 scoop per day for 2 weeks, followed by 2 scoops per day for 2 week can be useful if currently experiencing amenorrhea
Fem21 can be taken at any time of day or night before bed. It's also not necessary to be consumed with food, however for some people if they're sensitive they may find it better to consume before food.
Fem21 is proudly female run & owned. 100% made in Australia with local & imported ingredients.